2015/08/13

Bukhara to Samarkand (day 14)

The morning has its routine behavior. On the way out of Bukhara I saw the people going to work, waiting for, getting out of the shared minibuses. The mini vans loaded up with watermelons and the occasional donkey and cart loaded with you name it!

The road from Bukhara to Samarkand was for the most part bumpy. It was almost easier to stand on the pegs rather than ride seated. I couldn't wait to get to Samarkand.

Today was going to be a short ride to Samarkand and do some more tourist stuff.
Despite the short ride I managed to get stung by some insect on my left hand. Collided with it and it decided to fight back. Checked my hand but not an issue so kept riding.

Again I didn't find the hotel I was originally looking for but the one I found had an Australian couple riding a 1200 GSA and a French man on his 1200 GSA with sidecar from Canada here.
Heard today from the others that the northern route in Mongolia has had some serious rainfall. Need to find some more information on this as it could mean a change of route.

Total distance: 418 (yesterday and today)

No comments:

Post a Comment